What an incredible start to 2019.
The new years day was spent waking up one last time to a sunrise coming through into the farmhouse home. Into a place I’ve called home for the last 26 years and to be honest, I don’t intend on changing that title; wherever I go in this world. But where I go on this day is as far away as one can. Across the world is a place I will call home for the next few years and as of this moment, I dont know how to feel about that. Mum cooks up something wonderful as always, an extra nutritious meal to ready my flight and off to the airport I go.
The next thing I know, I say goodbye to the ones I love so dearly and I’m already on my flight. How did I get here so fast? It’s what everyone says after waiting for this moment for what feels like a lifetime. You know that feeling, of waiting for that holiday that’s in a years time, but it is now, at this very moment? Well I’ve been dreaming of this since before my teens, so how do I explain it? Something I should be good at, but my answer is I don’t know.
How do you explain emotions that the English language does not relate? I finally understand why some words translated from other languages take multiple sentences to explain and even still don’t convey its true meaning. Linguistics is a very complicated and very intresting topic. Well that’s what it felt like, something that words could not explain, an enormous amount of emotions of all kinds rushed into me as I sat on that plane in which felt like another lifetime. Do I tear up? Do I smile? Do I stare into space or look at the adventure ahead? I don’t know, so I just sit there, sit there and exist.
Let’s…let’s not dwell on that thought.
Like every year I inscribe my goals, dreams and passions for the upcoming year. This one was supposed to be short and sweet, but turned out to be a lot more than expected; so here goes:
- Learn to be a good house husband. Go ahead, have a giggle. But in all seriousness, With independence comes responsibility. I will learn to cook, to clean, to wash. I will learn to make my bed each morning and keep to a good schedule. I will learn not to put wool clothing in the dryer, to not leave food out in the open and to keep that toilet seat down; that’s a promise.
- Fitness. 2018 was a very proud year for me. I am so incredibly surprised that I made it through the entire year without doing any exercise, eating anything I wanted and still came out looking okay; with a small baby belly, but that’s OK. But not 2019 I don’t. I will jog and cycle to and from work on a basis greater than 4 times a week (the truth is, i’m planning on smashing this goal by a further 2 or more).
- Travel goals are one of my biggest and it all starts with a bit of music. Music festivals will guide me throughout the year, a major decider of where I will go and visit. Let’s sit that goal at 4 right now with twice as much cities inbetween! So Europe, here I come. There’s a lot more to discuss here, where and why, but this is for goals so I kept it short.
- Organise. There are a few things that have been on my checklist for a while that I need to organise. Why does it feel like there are always more things to organise in life? Will I be forever trying to organise? We will see, for now, I want that super spreadsheet (with my finances, taxes, travel schedules) to be up to date. I want my social media to be organised, Instagram will be a place for the major places i’ve visited, facts and figures and things to learn for everyone; this will be automated by the end of the year. Facebook will continue as it is, a great place to be with friends and for the memories and my blog here and it’s “series editions” will continue to be updated to connect on a deeper level with my best of friends. My LinkedIN will stay closely as it is, updated as my career progresses. Snapchat has never been big for me, nor has Twitter or others and that’s the way they will stay.
- I want to be a part of a community here in London, at least one by the end of the year. There are a few ideas which surround big things of interest which I will be pursuing this year, these include the following: Joining a tennis/ badminton club and playing regularly. Being a part of an outdoorsy group with lots of hiking, camping and other exciting outdoor activities. Joining a regular board games get together or a group of people who love to do such activities as movies, after work drinks and etc. Or maybe learning something new with people, I have goals to learn how to dance and to improve my cultural Chinese language. Or again, maybe this could be something like working closely with industry groups tied to my area of work. To be honest, the possibilities here are wide and endless, but I’m looking for atleast one strong group and a number of other smaller groups that I can be a part of, a community as to say.
So with that, I leave you with a thought. What are your goals for the year? How do you plan to be the best person that you can be during the year. Comment or message me personally, I would truly like to know. OR have you simply not thought about it?
Thanks for reading. With Love, always. Jason ❤