These are my personal notes taken to help understand the content behind philosophical questions in our world.
What is philosophy?
- “The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.”
- Is it an activity, a way of working out what is the right way to to think about things.
- The question “why” is used a lot to justify the ways of thinking
- Philosophy is challenging because it takes on what we think we know and are comfortable with or take for granted.
- Philosophical questioning does not always have to be big and bold, it can be be about mundane topics and arise anywhere. the important thing is to understand how important it is to think about one over another.
- A valid argument is one in which the truth of its conclusion follows from the truth of its premises